Image Map

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Kindergarten Rubrics



Hey, All!

I don't know about you, but rubrics are at the forefront of my mind - perhaps this is weird - but it just stems from my United Way background. It's also a huge part of our new teacher evaluation systems. It was at United Way that I first truly learned the importance of Evidence Based Practice. I want to know that the progress I'm making with kids has something to do with a reliable measuring tool and effective teaching strategies. Of course, there's always room for error and there may be outliers, but I've found that the best way to set children up for success is to provide them with clear expectations.

Kindergarten is a world of its own - not that you need to know that! For this reason, a huge part of B2S (Back to School) is ensuring children understand what a rubric is, what it looks like, how it's used, and how it translates to other subjects. This is why I've created these fun and inspiring rubrics for you to use! The Owl rubric is FREE with a download for personal and commercial use - my gift to you!

Please see the FREE Example below for how I used a rubric to teach coloring as well! - Don't forget to post examples along with criteria for each of the different levels. We call it "level of learning," in our classroom.

Hope you enjoy!

Mandy





No comments:

Post a Comment